February 3 - March 7, 2014 at Washington State University -
Resistance and Complicity during the Holocaust
The White Rose
Formed in 1942 by University of Munich students, The White Rose was a small, non-violent resistance group in Nazi Germany that spearheaded a nine-month anonymous leaflet and graffiti campaign calling for active opposition to Adolf Hitler's regime. Primary members of the group included Sophie and Hans Scholl, Alexander Schmorell, Willi Graf, Christoph Probst, Dr. Kurt Huber, Hans Leipelt, Traute Lafrenz, Katharina Schueddekopf, Marie-Luise Jahn and George Juergen Wittenstein. Seven members of the group were executed in 1943 and many others were imprisoned. Exhibit was created by Munich-based White Rose Foundation.
Scholl, Hans, and Sophie Scholl. At the Heart of the White Rose: Letters and Diaries of Hans and Sophie Scholl. New York: Harper & Row, 1987.
Previously on display at:
November 9, 2013 - January 27, 2014 - Odegaard Library, University of Washington, Seattle
Exhibit Sponsored by the Holocaust Center, UW Odegaard Undergraduate Library, UW Department of Germanics, Consulate General of the Federal Republic of Germany, GERN NW